JACKSON COUNTY


Jackson County, established in 1796 and carved from Franklin County lands, takes it name from General James Jackson who, after serving in the Revolutionary War, joined the U.S. Congress. Jefferson, the county seat, honors Thomas Jefferson. It was in Jackson County that, on March 30, 1842, Dr. Crawford W. Long performed the first surgery to use an anesthetic, ether.

The county originally covered 1800 square miles. However, from 1801 until 1914 portions were taken to form parts of the present counties of Clarke, Oconee, Madison, Gwinnett, Hall, Walton, Banks, and Barrow. Jackson County today contains only 337 square miles.


Cities of Jackson County Ga

Arcade
Braselton
Commerce
Hoschton
Jefferson
Maysville
Nicholson
Pendergrass
Talmo


Trintity Real Estate
Trintity Real Estate
(404) 509-2394